Tuesday 26 October 2010

What to feed a pregnant friend??

Hmm... maybe not
On Saturday night we were all having a few drinks down the pub and one of my very dear friends announced that she's pregnant (as she glared at our glasses of wine and pints).

I know nothing of babies or pregnancy, I have never been pregnant myself and this is the first of my friends to be 'in the family way' (really, what a ghastly expression). The two words that sprang to mind were 'Folic acid' and 'spinach' okay that's three words, stop being so pedantic. I couldn't tell you what foods contain Folic acid and I imagine spinach is something to do with iron? (and I don't suppose I should be offering her a Guinness...).

It seems I am going to have to do some research then aren't I? I have just gone online and bought a book about pregnancy cooking. Call me a cynic but even just scanning through the available books online I already have a strong feeling that all the books are likely to be rather preachy and uninspiring but if recipes need some tweaking to make them more fun and interesting then bring it on.

Oh and just to make things more complicated she's dairy intolerant, so any advice on tasty things to feed my friend would be very welcome and I'll be posting all the recipes I come up with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment